Barcelona Test - Day Two (MGP) [II]
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
Barcelona, Spain, Mar 10, 2011
Michael Schumacher was in action today at the Circuit de Catalunya as the final pre-season test continues. Michael had what he described as a “very productive day” as he got his first taste of some of the team’s upgrades for the opening race of the season.
- Michael spent the morning completing set-up work with longer runs towards the end of the session
- The afternoon saw shorter runs focusing on data collection in preparation for the final two days of the test
- Michael completed 89 laps, equal to 414 kms, today with a quickest lap time of 1:22.892
- The team has completed 5182 kms of pre-season running to date with two further test days remaining
Michael will continue the team’s programme tomorrow before Nico takes over for the final day on Saturday.
Michael Schumacher: “We’ve had a very productive day and completed a reasonable amount of mileage. We were able to check and confirm a lot of things on the set-up of the car with the new upgrade package, and my initial impressions are certainly positive. We’ve worked hard on reliability at the previous tests and our priority now is to develop and fine-tune the car which we have done quite successfully today.”
* Official photos and report courtesy of MERCEDES GP PETRONAS *
Copyright © 2011, Mercedes-Benz-Blog. All rights reserved.