BREAKING NEWS: Important recall for Mercedes-Benz diesel models in USA
The NHTSA issued an official recall for several Mercedes-Benz diesel-powered versions, that were sold in the U.S. in the past two years, over a fuel filter problem. Specifically, leaks are likely to happen in the area around the heating components, thus creating a possibly dangerous situation if fuel spills on the ground or if there happens a spark, which might lead to fire. The targeted diesel models are:
- the 2011MY E-Class (July 2010 to February 2011),
- the 2011MY GL-Class (March 2010 to March 2011),
- the 2011MY M-Class (January 2010 to March 2011),
- the 2011MY R-Class (April 2010 to April 2011),
- the 2012MY Mercedes-Benz S-Class (all examples),
which means a total of 6872 units. Customers can head over to authorized Mercedes-Benz dealerships across USA, where technicians will inspect the car and, at need, replace the faulty part(s) free of charge, if necessary. Further information and directions on this recall can be obtained by dialling NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236 (reference code 11V496000) or Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372.
Copyright © 2011, Mercedes-Benz-Blog. All rights reserved.