• 4.5 per cent record-breaking market share for the year to date
• Record registrations of 56,162 for the year to date
• Led by strong product line-up with C-Class continuing to record highly competitive segment share figures as well as being placed ninth in the overall rankings
• SLK, M-Class, CLS and S-Class continue to lead their respective market segments
• AMG performance cars continue to lead overall rises with 148.3 per cent gain for the year to date
Following the publication of figures by the SMMT today, Mercedes-Benz has recorded the best ever August registrations in the UK – reporting a 9.9 per cent rise compared to the same month last year. This contributes to an overall rise of 12.5 per cent for the year to date.
Some of the greatest rises were attributed to AMG high performance vehicles – recording a 128.6 per cent gain in registrations for the month, building on a 148.3 per cent rise for the year to date.
Elsewhere in the range, the SLK, CLS and S-Class lead their respective segments while the C-Class Saloon recorded a 37.2 per cent rise for the month.
Overall, the C-Class has been ranked 13th in terms of registrations for the month and ninth for the year to date.
The Mercedes-Benz Actros continues to perform strongly, with a 29.8 per cent gain for the month, adding to a 58.1 per cent rise for the year to date.
Marcus Breitschwerdt, President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz UK commented: “It is great to see so many of our products leading their market segments. We are really pleased that C-Class is in the top ten selling models year to date, AMG registrations are up and Actros is also performing well. There is no stopping us yet though, more new products are on the way, we will soon see the CLS Shooting Brake, new generation G-Class and by the end of the year the all new A-Class and Citan urban delivery van.”
Copyright © 2012, Mercedes-Benz-Blog. All rights reserved.