Mercedes-Benz UK reports record September 2012 registrations and market share figures
• C-Class the sixth best-selling car in September with 7,948 registrations
• A 122.8 per cent rise reported by AMG for the month and a 141.2 per cent gain for the year-to-date – sales exceeded 400 units in September
• Passenger cars market share of 4.6 per cent
• Year-to-date registrations total 72,731 cars
• September year-to-date market share of 4.4 per cent
• Mercedes-Benz Vans posted its best month ever – registering 4,478 vehicles
• Vito and Sprinter post 29.2 per cent and 46.4 per cent gains respectively
• Commercial vehicles records significant gains – up 28.5 per cent in September
Mercedes-Benz has posted a record performance in September, led by the C-Class ranking as the sixth-best selling car in the UK for the month.
This was mirrored by a record 4.6 per cent mark share for the month and 4.4 per cent for the year-to-date.
New records were set by the C-Class Saloon (4,654 registrations), the C-Class Estate (1,425) and the C-Class Coupé (1,869).
Roadsters continued to prove popular – the SLK was the highest performer, with 1,268 registrations to lead its market segment.
Elsewhere in the range the new B-Class enjoyed its highest registration figures ever at 1,415 vehicles to cap a record year-to-date figure of 5,165 examples.
AMG continued a strong year with a 122.8 per cent rise reported for the month and a 141.2 per cent gain for the year-to-date.
Commercial vehicle sales were also significantly up – with a 28.5 per cent gain overall for September. The Vito and Sprinter vans each posted very strong percentage gains – contributing to an overall rise for the range of 18.5 per cent year-to-date and the best monthly results yet recorded with 4,478 vans registered.
Marcus Breitschwerdt, President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz UK commented: “The diversity of the gains across the range suggests that Mercedes-Benz is extremely well placed in the market with the right products at the right time. These record results come as we’re yet to launch the exciting new A-Class into the market – which is extremely heartening and bodes well for the future.”
Credits: Mercedes-Benz UK
Copyright © 2012, Mercedes-Benz-Blog. All rights reserved.