Daimler AG infusing more cash for R&D activities
The extensive research in key areas such as vehicle security, on-board telecommunication or efficiency, helps gather crucial knowledge and understanding about the stringent areas that need urgent improvement. Moreover, along with the release of quality, state-of-the-art, pioneering technologies ahead of the competition that can make a difference on the market, it also forms a solid basis for future revenue. More money now means even more money in the future.
One of the very first technical masterpieces that will usher the automobile world very soon is the new S-Class, which comes packed full of latest technology. The W 222 will be the first luxury model to feature an Autonomous Driving Pilot and the first to recognize whether the driver travels on the wrong side of the road through the Real Life Safety system. Moreover, the new S-Class will be able to anticipate an imminent accident and mitigate as much as possible the negative consecutive effects of the incident. In some circumstances, the new Merc will also be able to take control of the car and increase the brake pressure or veer off to minimize the damages in the event of a head on/rear end collision with the help of an advanced Collision Prevention Assist (CPA) system.
You can read more interesting stuff about the new S-Class in our dedication section at http://bit.ly/V6daqo !
Returning back to the main topic of the article, the key approach directions for Mercedes-Benz in the next years are:
- the development of powerfully efficient internal combustion engines, which aim to achieve increased performance, more fuel economy and low levels of CO2 emissions;
- the development of sustainable powering solutions as an attractive alternative to traditional IC powerplants - all-electric and plug-in hybrid are the ways to go;
- the development of futuristic, yet highly helpful in-car communication systems that enhance the interactions: car-to-car, car-to-driver, car-to-internet
- the continuous involvement in the research and development of new technologies which provide a greater level of road safety and improve driving dynamics;
- seeking new opportunities and developing new means of personal mobility in the all-so crowded cities of the future that can ensure a smooth, rapid, safe and comfortable transportation from A to B
- a rigorous analysis of the ways that could help further improve the production process while also taking care of the environment
- the implementation of new (partially or fully recyclable), intelligent materials for the construction of the bodywork, the engine, the subsequent technical equipment and the customization of the interior: the biggest achievements are obtaining more advantages concerning kerb weight loss, torsional integrity and crash resistance compared to previous materials, as well as retaining the premium 'look & feel' for the shuttle-destined materials (in addition to creating a whole new 'touch' experience)
- further development in the areas of body aerodynamics and progressive-organic design for the future implementation of a new philosophy and visual identity that can be both fully practical, efficient, striking and immediately identifiable as a true Mercedes-Benz
Chart Source: www.bpb.de
Copyright © 2013, Mercedes-Benz-Blog. All rights reserved.