- Mercedes-Benz sustains momentum built up in 2012: 7.4 per cent rise in registrations recorded for the first month of 2013
- A-Class registrations get off to a strong start in its first month on-sale – achieving 6.2 per cent segment share
- C-Class and E-Class Saloon variants each hold Number One spot in their highly-competitive market segments
- C-Class ranked 10th in the overall UK vehicle registration figures for January
- AMG records another strong month – registrations are up by 75 per cent when compared to the same period in 2012
- C 63 AMG Estate leads increases with 125 per cent gain
- New Citan van is introduced to the market for the first time as dealer vehicles are registered ahead of its UK launch
As the exciting new A-Class was introduced to the market for the first time, Mercedes-Benz recorded a 7.4 per cent rise in registrations for the month of January, according to figures released by the SMMT.
Among the strongest performers in January was the C-Class Saloon, placed first in its highly-competitive market segment with a 12.8 per cent increase compared with the same period last year. Likewise, the E-Class Saloon recorded an even stronger start to the year, claiming the Number One spot in its segment with a 30.9 per cent gain in registrations.
Retaining its position as the fastest-growing performance brand in the UK, AMG reported a 75 per cent rise in registrations for January. Contributing to this high-performance result was the C 63 AMG Estate, the registrations for which rose by 125 per cent.
As the weather conditions deteriorated, registrations of the M-Class rose by 386.3 per cent compared to January 2012 – securing a substantial 14.4 per cent share of the market segment.
The new A-Class captured a 6.2 per cent share of its segment in the month that sales commenced in the UK – a strong start for an exciting new model that will be joined by the CLA four-door coupé in June.
Likewise, Mercedes-Benz made its debut in the small van market as the first examples of the new Citan were registered ahead of its market introduction in the coming months.
Marcus Breitschwerdt, President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz UK commented: "We begin 2013 re-energised, with great momentum and as the fastest growing performance brand – a great start and one everyone in my team at Mercedes-Benz UK will be working hard to sustain.
"This promises to be an exciting year for us - our customer service teams at our passenger car retailers and CV dealers across the country share this excitement and are thriving on the challenge of exceeding the expectations of our customers. We have advanced and desirable new models being added to our range – the new A-Class made its market debut this year – and we’re looking forward to the arrival of the new CLA and the new E-Class. This is bolstered by great new products from our Commercial Vehicles operation – including the new Citan – adding to the surprises in store for 2013."
Credits: Mercedes-Benz UK
Copyright © 2013, Mercedes-Benz-Blog. All rights reserved.