by Adrian Dorofte and Adrian Andronic
e-mail: mercedesbenzblog@gmail.com

Mercedes-AMG previews the Concept GLA 45 AMG

Mercedes-AMG has just released a teaser video on their official Facebook page for what looks to be, at first, quite an awkward concept car: the Concept GLA 45 AMG.

Given the fact the A 45 AMG and CLA 45 AMG were released shortly after the introduction of the standard-spec Mercedes-Benz A-Class and CLA-Class models in their series production form, one cannot help but wonder why they took the strategy of showcasing a near-series concept of the future GLA 45 AMG.

At a closer inspection, the exterior livery is identical to the livery of the CLA 45 AMG Racing Series that was premiered in September (see HERE), which means Mercedes-AMG is planning to further expand their customer motorsport activities, which successfully started with the SLS AMG GT3, with a possible, racetrack-prone GLA 45 AMG Racing Series version.

The new GLA 45 AMG should be introduced later on, in early 2014. As its two brothers, the high performance version of the compact crossover will be powered by the rocking 1,991 cc, 4-cylinder turbocharged M133 engine. The 360 hp output will reach the ground through all four wheels thanks to the newly developed Performance AMG 4MATIC sports-oriented traction system which directs the impressive torque of 450 Nm as follows: 33% towards the rear axle and the remaining 67% to the front wheels.

Look for official details and pictures of the Concept GLA 45 AMG to be released as soon as tomorrow morning! So, stay tuned to www.mercedes-benz-blog.blogspot.com for the latest news!


Video Credits: Mercedes-AMG | Facebook

Copyright © 2013, Mercedes-Benz-Blog. All rights reserved.

0 comments: