The latest on the Mercedes-Benz SLK and SL: Roadster driving pleasure at its best
From now on, all six- and eight-cylinder variants, as well as the four-cylinder models equipped with COMAND Online or the Driver Assistance package, will boast a new, high-resolution colour display in the instrument cluster. The 7G‑TRONIC Plus automatic transmission, meanwhile, has received a technical upgrade in the guise of a new Momentary M mode. The benefit of this: if the driver has shifted up or down manually via the optional shift paddles, after a set period of time the transmission independently switches back to automatic, fuel-efficient shift mode. In addition, the driver also receives shift recommendations. Also now available as an optional extra is a tyre pressure monitoring system.
In terms of its exterior, the SLK boasts some fresh highlights with two newly available exclusive light-alloy wheels as well as two new paint finishes.
Favourably priced Sports package
Priced at €1820, the new Mercedes-Benz Sports package for the SLK makes for an attractive option and comprises the following items:
- 45.7 cm (18-inch) 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels
- front headlamps with dark surrounds, rear lamps with darkened glass covers and also rod-shaped LED daytime driving lamps
- sports suspension, lowered by 10 mm
- uprated brake system with perforated brake discs and front brake callipers with "Mercedes-Benz" lettering
- even sportier engine sound
- seats with a specific vertical fluting design with red contrasting stitching on the seats, steering wheel and selector lever gaiter
- instrument cluster featuring "chequered flag" design
- sports steering wheel with perforated leather in the grip area and red contrasting stitching, plus flattened bottom section
- steering wheel shift paddles in conjunction with automatic transmissions
- red seat belts
- shift/selector lever including selector lever gaiter in nappa leather
- velour floor mats in black with red surround
SL with exemplary new features
The SL will now feature a multimedia system with SPLITVIEW technology which enables the driver and front passenger to view two different sets of content on the COMAND display in full-screen mode at the same time. While the driver is checking a navigation instruction, the passenger can be enjoying a film on the same display without being interrupted. The system is priced at €1190 including VAT.
Also newly available for the SL is Night View Assist Plus, which is capable of alerting the driver to dangerous situations involving pedestrians or animals in unlit areas in front of the vehicle by automatically switching the COMAND screen to a pin-sharp night view image and highlighting sources of danger. Pedestrians who are detected can also be flashed by means of a spotlight function. The system is priced at €2618 including VAT.
In addition, two new paint finishes are now available for the SL in the form of polar white and hyacinth red, as well as two new light-alloy wheels.
Credits: Daimler AG
Copyright © 2013, Mercedes-Benz-Blog. All rights reserved.